Latest News

Biggest Draw in UK - Online Poker

Aug 1, 2007
Author: Catrina Rudd
The Gambling Commission in the United Kingdom has become aware that online poker is the second most popular method of online gambling in the UK. Online admission on the UK's National Lottery was first place. Of the adults polled regarding online gambling, 3% said they have also used their mobile phone to gamble. The statistics for adults who have accessed gambling sites online were up 5.3% on last year's of 1.4% to a total of 6.7%.


As a result of pokers impact on the online gambling world, many businesses are looking to partner up with other related businesses to advance their public profile. There are industry rumors that PartyGaming is in negotiations with 888.com in the desired effort to challenge Sportingbet's lead.


New gambling companies entering the UK Poker marketplace shortly include BoDog, and AOL. Both are seeking to expand current customer base, while getting into the growing poker market in the United Kingdom. Maverick Calvyn Ayres, with BoDog has captured the youth with the site's innovative contests, (battle of the bands) and poker reality shows similar to Big Brother with cards. AOL - UK has made announcements about partnering with JAXX UK, an arm of the German FLUXX AG, known for online lottery and sports wagering. They are also making plans to further expand the progress into other parts of Europe. They will not however, be releasing this option to their US customers, and potential players.


More exceptional bonuses and free rolls can be expected from all of these sites; as the heat rises, so must the enticement for UK online poker players and affiliates.

Online Poker News Monthly Archive
MONTHLY ARCHIVE - 0
January
February
March
April
May
June
July
August
September
October
November
December
MONTHLY ARCHIVE - 2007
January
February
March
April
May
June July August September October November December
MONTHLY ARCHIVE - 2008
January February March April May June July August September October November December
MONTHLY ARCHIVE - 2009
January February March April May June July August September October November December
MONTHLY ARCHIVE - 2010
January February March
April
May
June July August September October November December
MONTHLY ARCHIVE - 2011
January February March April May June July August September October November December
MONTHLY ARCHIVE - 2012
January February March April May June July August
September
October November December
MONTHLY ARCHIVE - 2013
January February March April May June July August
September
October
November
December

Newsletter Signup - Get 10 free poker tips as well as our newsletter August 02, 2014

GO